READING EXERCISES OF TEXT TYPES IN THE “ENGLISH FOR A BETTER LIFE” TEXTBOOK VIEWED FROM KTSP REQUIREMENTS The Case of the English Textbook Published by Pakar Raya for Grade XI

Kukuh Satrio Utomo, 2201409112 (2015) READING EXERCISES OF TEXT TYPES IN THE “ENGLISH FOR A BETTER LIFE” TEXTBOOK VIEWED FROM KTSP REQUIREMENTS The Case of the English Textbook Published by Pakar Raya for Grade XI. Under Graduates thesis, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SEMARANG.

[img]
Preview
PDF - Published Version
Download (1126Kb)

    Abstract

    Realizing the importance of choosing a textbook, it is better for the teachers to examine the textbook before they use in the classroom. The materials inside should be relevant with the curriculum applied. Thus, this final project is carried out to analyze the reading exercises of text types in English textbook entitled “English for a Better Life” for the eleventh graders published by Pakar Raya viewed from KTSP requirements. The aim of this study is to describe the reading exercises of text types realized in the “English for a Better Life” textbook and to find out the compatibility of the reading exercises of text types in “English for a Better Life” textbook with the KTSP requirements. In order to achieve the objectives, the writer used qualitative research in conducting this study. First, the writer selected the data of reading exercises of text type and short functional text in the textbook. Second, the writer compared the data with the KTSP requirements. Lastly, from the data findings, the writer gave the interpretation to the results. According to the results of the study, there are 47 exercises in the English for a Better Life. The 27 reading exercises (57.45%) are in line with the 2006 curriculum, and the other 20 reading exercises are not (42.55%). The reading exercises of text types in this English textbook entitled “English for a Better Life” are less compatible viewed from KTSP requirements since too many reading skills which are not demanded by KTSP such as poem, letter, anecdote, descriptive, brochures, advertisement, and curriculum vitae. Therefore, it is suggested for the teachers to adjust the textbook as a guidance which is more compatible with the curriculum applied.

    Item Type: Thesis (Under Graduates)
    Uncontrolled Keywords: reading exercises, English textbook, 2006 curriculum
    Subjects: P Language and Literature > PE English
    Fakultas: Fakultas Bahasa dan Seni > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris (S1)
    Depositing User: sumarsono mahasiswa unnes
    Date Deposited: 09 Nov 2015 19:20
    Last Modified: 09 Nov 2015 19:20

    Actions (login required)

    View Item